PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES BLEND TIME: 5 MINUTES MAKES just under 2 cups
Guest Post by Graydon Moffat, Founder of Graydon Clinical Luxury Skin Care
Slather this cacao coconut butter on indiscriminately! It won't behave like a regular lotion or moisturizer; it's an oil so it'll melt into your skin. It also makes a great shaving cream.
It’s stable at room temperature, and because of cacao butter's high level of antioxidants and coconut oil's natural antimicrobial properties, it'll last you a good while without turning rancid.
100g cacao butter
100g coconut oil
25g camelina oil
Optional: ¼ tsp of some sweet orange or peppermint essential oil, raw vaniila and/or cocoa powder.
- Measure out your ingredients into a small, heatproof bowl.
- Place it over a pan of simmering water or a slow cooker and gently stir until it's completely melted. Your house should smell amazing at this point.
- Once it's melted, transfer to a small, deep metallic bowl and carefully place it in the fridge (or freezer, if you're impatient like me) and allow to set. It Should take about 20 minutes.
- Once it's semi solid, going to town with a handheld mixer. It won't take long at all to whip the body butter from a solid chunk of yellowish fat into a gorgeous, ivory cloud.
- Finally, just transfer everything to your jar(s). It does smell like chocolate so try not to eat it!