PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES COOK TIME: 3-4 HOURS MAKES: 8 CUPS
There's nothing like the aroma of Maple Pecan Granola wafting through your house and to know that this granola is not just irresistible but also nutritious is so fab! To retain its valuable nutrients we are gently baking the granola for 3-4 hours at your oven's lowest possible temperature. Your body and taste buds will thank you heartily for this nourishing and addictive granola.
Oats are a good source of fiber containing beta glucan fiber which helps to lower cholesterol levels, making them heart healthy.
Nuts and seeds contain high levels of plant protein, keeping your energy levels stable and a smile on your face.
Goji berries have a high ORAC value (oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) plus they are high in beta carotene, helping make your skin glow!
3 ½ cups of rolled oats
1 ½ cups of pecans, chopped
½ cup of almonds, chopped
1 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup of sesame seeds
½ cup of sunflower seeds
¼ cup of goji berries
2/3 cup of maple syrup
¼ cup of coconut oil or ghee (could also use butter or olive oil)
½ teaspoon of Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200F or as low as it can go. Prepare a large or two medium cookie sheets by covering with parchment paper (preferably unbleached/chlorine free).
- Chop up the nuts and then place them in a large mixing bowl with all the other dry ingredients
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the sauce ingredients to warm temperature, but be careful not boil it
- Pour the sauce over the dry ingredients and with a large wooden spoon, mix everything together really well – great lymphatic workout!
- Spoon this ‘wet’ mixture over the entire cookie sheet in one thin layer – use a second sheet if the mixture is ‘bunching up’
- Slip into the oven for 3 - 4 hours, but turn the granola mixture over every hour so the pieces on the bottom are able to dry out too
- Wait for the aromas to infuse the kitchen :)
- Once cooked, cool down before storing in a glass mason jar in a cool, dry place - if that is, it hasn’t already been devoured!