This anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, nutrient-dense daily diet includes healing foods that help prevent breast cancer or the recurrence of breast cancer, such as omega-3 fats, fibre, probiotic-rich fermented foods, sea veggies, phytonutrients, and cancer-busting phytochemicals.
- Pre Breakfast: Glass of green veggie juice: kale, carrots, bitter greens, beets, apple, lemon
- Breakfast: Plant protein smoothie, kefir, ground flax/chia/hemp, flax oil, turmeric, cinnamon
- Snack: 1 cup berries/apples/cherries (remember to eat the 'rainbow')
- Lunch: 1 cup beans/lentils, dulse, raw veggies, sauerkraut, kimchi, pumpkin seeds, sprouts
- Snack: 1-2tbsp raw pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds
- Supper: Wild salmon, whole grains, stuffing mushrooms, leafy salad with avocado, brassica veggies
- Liquids: Green tea, herbals teas - dandelion, milk-thistle or ginger, clean water. Reduce/eliminate coffee!
Inflammation is at the root of disease so by increasing your consumption of these anti-inflammatory foods on a daily basis, the better protected you will be from developing breast cancer or from breast cancer recurrence.